TLBA partnered with the Town of Killingworth and the Killingworth Historical Society on the planning and design of the renovation and adaptive reuse of the 1847 Parmelee Farmhouse. The structure had been used as a private residence until recently. The Town purchased the 131- acre property in 2000 and began community gardening in 2007. Since that time, through the foresight of the Town administration and the tireless efforts of countless volunteers the property has become a tremendous asset, providing passive recreation, community gardening, workshops, concerts, special events, fairs and holiday festivals. Funded through a STEAP Grant, the renovation to the Farmhouse prepared for the adaptive reuse of the building to serve the needs of the Killingworth Historical Society Museum.
TLBA also provided design services for a detached toilet room building, designed to blend with other buildings on the site, including several barns. The property was designated on the State Register of Historic Places in recognition of the Farm’s important place in the history of Killingworth.